Top 5 reasons to fail the New York road test
- Missing any sign or signal
- Fail to anticipate actions of pedestrians
- Unable to park properly
- Fail to maintain speed according to the situations
- Poor steering control
Stop sign and stop all way sign :
You should have a clear idea about signs and signals. especially the stop sign and stop all way sign.
Speed limit signs, school zone signs, speed bump signs etc. are important.
Intersections and right- of -way rules
NY dmv road test is about 10-15 minutes : Overview of the road test here
- At the beginning when you pull out the car from the parking, Dmv officer will ask you to make 2-3 right and left turns.
- if you properly checked before pulling out, good steering control, turning was okay-not short or wide turn.
- Then the officer will ask you to do parallel park. Parking is okay-adequately checked before reverse then will do the 3 point turn.
- lastly 2-3 right or left turn and come back to the same spot where you started.
- Pull over the car smoothly and put it park ,turn off the engine and wait until the officer gets out of the car.
Turning and pedestrians :
Top 5 reasons to fail the new york road test : left turn or right turn
Left or turn should be smooth . Turn slowly but after turning gradually speed up. If your turn is wide or short you can lose 5 points.
Fails to stop near the center of intersection when waiting to make a left turn- 10 point loss.